Thursday, January 12, 2012

Growing Up...Thanks A Lot Toy Story 3

I hate the thought of growing up. 

Especially since it's already happened and there's nothing I can do about it. 

I've permanently left the carefree, fun-filled place I once called my life and exchanged it for a reality full of sleep deprivation, stress, drama, and responsibilities. This fact has been hitting me especially hard the past year as I near the end of college and wonder what my future will look like...knowing it's only a matter of time before living with my parents and in my old room will be looked down upon because I'm "to old" instead of the norm I've always known.   

I'm excited for the new life I have/will have as I grow older but part of me will always miss the memories and feelings of being a kid. 

I wish that just for a day I could go back to playing with my American Girl Dolls, watching Disney Movies, and jumping into my Dad's arms when he comes home from work...not caring about anything besides my toys and my little world.

That little girl is still inside of me, she's just expressed in a different way and I hope she never fully goes away. 





2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Wish I could return to my koosh basketball hoop, action figures, and sports cards to play with and trade. I can picture myself on the playground with my friends playing fun games that I'll never be able to replicate again. It's a sad feeling knowing how fun and carefree those days were. They say college is the best four years of your life, but it makes you wonder about being a kid again, especially after a movie like Toy Story 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah we all love our child days and I think everyone at some time would love to be that child again. You will always have those great memories, especially your favorite old next door neighbors LOL It seems kinda scary but you will love seeing what your future holds and ENJOY it!! We will follow you.

    Diana :-)

    ReplyDelete